LIVING HEALTHY IN EVERY AREA OF LIFE AND LIVING LIFE TO THE FULLEST

Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Beginning

Well, another year has passed and another year has begun.
I have created this blog to journal about my life, every area and aspect of my life. That includes mind, body, soul and spirit. It is not only the physical aspect but also the emotional, mental, spiritual, etc.
At the beginning of each year lots of people have New Year Resolutions which isn't bad. It is actually good but not many people accomplish those resolutions.
Resolutions are merely goals that we set for ourselves. It is something that we would like to accomplish in our lives.
We tend to have major goals we want to accomplish year each but there are many minor goals that we need to set in place in order to accomplish that major goal.
Sometimes we are not self-disciplined enough to fulfill our resolutions.
But if we make them smaller goals we are more likely to accomplish them rather than not completing them and putting them off.
There is something about accomplishment that makes you feel good. I think everyone feels good knowing that they have accomplished something that they have wanted to accomplish.
I know for myself I need to be constantly correcting my course.
I must be checking and evaluating my life daily and maybe not even only setting goals monthly but also weekly and even daily as well. When we do this we tend to accomplish more things.
One of my big goals for this year is to lose weight which isn't a new goal because I have lost about 40 pounds last year. But I need to lose alot more. You ask how much more well let's just say a lot more.
I have done good so far but I need to continue on this journey. At time I may record what I have eaten each day and I may not it just all depends. I have learned alot of things over this time in order to lose this weight. I have some physical problems that have pushed me to lose this weight as well. It will happen as long as I keep going and not give up. Anyway enough for now. Have a great day!!
If you are reading this blog please leave me a comment and let me know. Thanks!

2 comments:

candy said...

I am glad you are blogging. I am glad you are in the challenge. You are inspiration because you stick with it. I know how hard it is - boy do I know! Its the biggest struggle of my life!
With God, with prayer, with friends, we can do this!
Im standing with ya, side by side Donna, we will do this together and will succeed!!!!!

(((hugs)))
candy

Anonymous said...

I just got here today since I didn't know you were actively blogging. I will add you to my Bloglines so I won't miss any posts.

You lost a lot of weight last year and mostly kept it off. That's fantastic! And very hard to do.

I am trying to change habits since exercise hasn't been working well for me lately. It's often the only thing I can get done, if I decide to exercise. I will give it a try again soon I hope and plan to start with just a very little amount so that I have enough energy left for basic necessities, like bathing (I have a rare disorder that causes pain but also extreme fatique. It's similar to fibromyalgia/chronic fatique but affects many of my autonomic processes). So my weight loss has been solely from eating fewer calories.

Keep going, Donna. You can do it. Obstacles are just speed bumps. Some take a little longer to maneouver around or over.

You're so young (same age as my younger daughter), I'd love for you to experience life in a healthier, more comfortable body.